About .in Domains
.INRegistry aka as NIXI (National Internet eXchange of India)is the sponsor and is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .in extension that represents India.
Who can register .in domains?
Anyone can register a .in domain
- .co.in — Intended for commercial entities
- .firm.in — Intended for firms and companies
- .gen.in — Intended for general use
- .ind.in — Intended for private individuals
- .net.in — Intended for network infrastructures, such as Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
- .org.in — Intended for non-profit organizations
|Registration Length||1 - 10 years|
|Renewal Length||1 - 10 years 1|
|Account Change||Supported 2|
|Protected Registration||Not Supported|
|Private Registration (DBP)||Not Supported|
For details on refunds, please visit GoDaddy's Refund Policy page. Most domains will follow the Standard Terms, but certain domains will have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Look under BOTH of the following categories:
|Custom Nameserver Requirement|
1 Renewal restrictions
Your .in domain name renews on its expiration date. Auto-renewal is attempted on the the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 10 days later. If the second renewal attempt fails, we try again 5 days after that.
If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 17th day after the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
For example: Your .in domain name expires on October 10. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on October 10, October 20, and October 25.
2 Account Change
Restricted for 10 days following registration
- Want to register a .in domain? Search for your domain today.