Configuring Cisco PIX 501 Firewall Interfaces
Some of the information in this article is advanced material we make available as a courtesy. Please be advised that you are responsible for properly following the procedures below. Customer Support cannot assist with these topics.
Inside and outside interfaces allow for the creation and modification of firewall access rules.
To Configure Cisco PIX 501 Interfaces
- In a Web browser, navigate to: https://[your firewall management IP address]/
- You may receive a number of security certificate warnings. If you accept the certs and save them as "Trusted," you will avoid warnings in the future.
- Enter your User name and Password, and then click OK.
Note: Your browser must have Java enabled and allow pop-ups from your firewall management IP.
- In the Device Manager application tool bar, click the Configuration icon.
- Click the System Properties tab.
- In the tree on the left, click Interfaces.
- In the Interfaces panel, click the interface you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
- Configure the interface and click OK.
- Click Apply.
Note: If you do not click Apply, you will be prompted to apply changes the next time you view access rules.