Configuring your SMTP Relay Server on Your Linux Server Using Parallels Plesk Panel
Note: Before configuring your SMTP relay server, check the Hosting Control Panel to see which mail server you should use. For more information, see Find your email relay server.
To Configure Your SMTP Relay Server on a Linux Server Using Parallels Plesk Panel
- Access your Linux server through SSH. For more information on how to access your server through SSH, see: Logging in to Your Server
- Gain root access to your server through SSH. For more information on how to gain root access to your server through SSH, see: Switching to the Root User on Your Linux Server.
- Access the file location below by typing the following commands:
cd /var/qmail/control/(Vi is a virtual editor and is used to modify files with in SSH. Smtproutes contains the SMTP relay server.)
Note: The relay server listed on the screen should be the same as the one listed in the Hosting Control Panel.
- If necessary, edit the file by pressing the insert button on your keyboard then move your cursor to the editing location. To quit the editor, type a colon ( : ) then the following:
- :q! ( to quit without changes)
- :wq (to write out the file with changes)
- Type exit, and exit again to end your SSH session.
- Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel by opening a Web browser and entering: https://[[ipaddress]]:8443/
- Type admin for your user name.
- Enter the password you defined when setting up your server account.
- Click Servers and then select Service Management.
- Restart the SMTP Server.