Creating an ASP.NET 2.0 Personal Web Site
Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition includes a Personal website Starter Kit. This starter kit provides you with a basic home page, a page for your resume, another to place a collection of your favorite links, and another page that enables you to publish your photos.
For more information about the ASP.NET 2.0 Personal website, see the Introduction to the Personal website Starter Kit on MSDN.
To Create an ASP.NET 2.0 Personal website
- Download and install the Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition.
- Next, you need to enable ASP.NET 2.0 on your Windows hosting account.
- Setup the ASP.NET 2.0 schema for your SQL Server database.
- Add the "personal-add.sql" schema for your website to your SQL server database.
- Modify the connection strings section of your web.config file.
- Upload your website.